Green Angel Syndicate welcomes approaches for equity funding from entrepreneurs running companies which benefit the green economy.
Check here to see if you fit our investment criteria and, if you think you do, please email your business plan to Nick Lyth or Simon Acland.
- Companies which enable better use of resources, reduce greenhouse gas emissions and/or protect the environment.
- Whilst we want to invest in companies which have a positive impact, every business we back must have the objective of delivering good returns to investors.
- Our members are generally looking for SEIS or EIS tax relief on their investments.
- Our portfolio is spread across the UK and location is not an issue and we will invest in businesses both pre- and post-revenue.
- You must demonstrate evidence of demand for your products or services, and a strong understanding of the market you aim to address.
- You need investment funding within the next six months - we generally will take between 2 and 6 months to complete an investment.
- Typically we invest £150-500,000, often participating with other investors, and we can act as lead investor or in a supporting role in a larger group.
We are regarded as an authoritative co-investor because of our sector focus and experience. We therefore want to use this focus and experience to make a useful contribution to the companies we back, usually in a NED role.
Our process starts when you contact our Management Team or Simon Acland. If they approve your proposal, they will then put it to our Advisory Group, which is made up of our cornerstone investors.
If the Advisory Group approve it, an invitation will be issued to present at one of our bi-monthly pitch events. These are usually held in London and will be recorded and made available to our members via our web platform.
Once you have pitched, we aim to communicate a decision as early as possible in the process to avoid wasting your time.
To cover the costs of our pitch events and managing the syndicate’s investments, we charge companies a fee of £1,000 for presenting at our pitch events and 5% of the amounts invested by our members (in cash and as an option). We normally seek an annual management fee of 2% of the amounts invested up to a cap of £6,000 to cover the costs of adding value post-investment.
We aim to keep professional fees associated with the investment process to a minimum, but will pass these on at cost if they are incurred, with agreement on both sides beforehand.